Here at Dysart, we value the mental health and well-being of all our pupils, staff, parents, carers and everyone in our school community. In 2020, Dysart achieved the Wellbeing award for Schools.
Achieving this award required the involvement of all members of the school community: staff, parents, pupils, and partner organisations beyond the school gates. Together, we were all able to focus on evaluating and implementing further effective practice and provision that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of for pupils, staff and parents. The award enabled us to to work together to ensure that wellbeing is embedded in the long-term culture of our school, creating an environment where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
When we achieved the award, we demonstrated our commitment to:
- Promoting mental health as part of everyday school life
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of our staff, pupils, parents and carers
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and staff on mental health issues
Through our journey of achieving this award, our Dysart Champions were created. We continue to work together with the whole school community to promote emotional wellbeing and positive mental health as a priority of the school and we continue to enhance our wellbeing offer for all parties.