Synergy Dance offers weekly inclusive dance and fitness classes for groups of our pupils at Dysart to encourage social inclusion, wellbeing and confidence building.
Vicky, our Synergy Dance instructor uses a combination of both seated and standing dance and movement to ensure the sessions are fully inclusive for all our pupils who access them.
- Our goal is to inspire a lifetime of activity and create exercise habits at school.
- Our innovative dance and yoga activities in schools are serving both mainstream and the pupils with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities.
- We provide fit for purpose and fun activities for children and young people both onsite and as a digital service
- Our brand Ambassador is Will Perry, Paralympian Swimmer
- We offer a fully inclusive health & wellbeing solution that supports & motivates new and existing pupils to be more physically active
- We turn obstacles to keeping fit, into opportunities. Our workouts reach everyone, and we help people to feel good about exercise.
- We provide activities for participants with Disabilities, Including Visual Impairments and those who are deaf/hard of hearing, Special Educational Needs & Long-Term Health Conditions.
- All teachers are enhanced DBS checked and kept up to date with Safeguarding and First Aid procedures and other specialist SEND training.
- Seated and standing lessons and clubs to cater for all abilities, range of movement, disabilities and Long-Term Health Conditions (LTHC).
- Peer to peer support encouraged with use of Makaton signing and visuals.
- Opportunities to present routines and learning for “End of Term Sharing” to parents or other year groups in school
Synergy appeared on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing in November and December 2021 for inclusive dance for children: