We are the staff hub!
Dysart’s staff hub is one part of the ‘change team’, consisting of a group of staff with different roles across the school that came together through the ‘Wellbeing Award for Schools’ to support the mental health and wellbeing of all Dysart staff members.
We know that working in a school environment can be challenging so we work hard on creating and maintaining a positive and open school environment where everyone has an awareness of and feels safe to talk about mental health and emotional wellbeing. So far this year our involvement has included:
– Conducting staff surveys (online and in person) to hear everyone’s voice.
– Creating ways of signposting the mental health and wellbeing support they can receive through leaflets ,posters and school meetings.
– Making changes to the dedicated staff room area
– Creating opportunities to build awareness of Mental health through coffee mornings and wellbeing events.
– ‘Reflective practice’ training has begun, which will result in all staff receiving a regular ‘reflective practice’ session.
We welcome feedback from all staff and will continue to make changes in light of feedback received so that all our staff members feel supported, valued and heard in their working environment.