Requests for support from the Outreach Team can come from:
- Direct contact from a schools’ SENCo through a referral form
- Local authority Special Educational Needs Service
- Other Outreach Teams.
Following contact, Dysart Outreach Team will request parental permission, evidence, a completed referral form, and relevant written information. Once received, and assessed by the Outreach Team co-ordinator, an initial visit will be planned to identify a programme of support to include assessment of need, a written report, and follow up visits as required. At Dysart, there is a three-tier approach to a referral:
- Level 1 1 visit from Outreach team, Report written and strategies/other services recommended
- Level 2 1 visit from Outreach team, Report written and 1 follow up visit per term
- Level 3 1 visit from Outreach team, Report written and a package of regular visits (up to 6 visits) including training package and resources as required
Dysart’s Outreach Team works closely with the other agencies involved, as much as possible, to ensure a joined-up approach and cohesive support package.
To make a referral or request or an initial consultation please download and complete the referral request form below, then email it to Dysart Schools outreach lead firstname.lastname@example.org